Disclaimer

This website is meant for information purposes and should not in any way be a substitute for medical treatment. Always consult your personal physician for specific medical concerns.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Autumn Beckons

This Labor Day Weekend is especially foretelling of the season to come. With "Earl" bringing cooler air and brisk winds to the northeast, it signals(earlier than usual) that autumn is certainly on its way. I can't wait. Although I love the summer, once fall approaches, my wife says my eating habits change dramatically. When snacking I switch to apples, nuts, and dried fruit - especially apricots. As it gets colder I do get a pretty severe chocolate habit. As I'm sure many others do, I start to crave soup and stews, savory stuff. Last year I discovered some pretty amazing soups and other hearty fall dishes and I'll be writing about more of them this year. For us, a membership in a CSA pretty much has guaranteed an abundance of fall produce and we are eager to start cooking . Stay tuned.

HD

No comments:

Post a Comment